Sunday 13 July 2008

Sad, sad, sad.

I went out for a quick scull at Bosham at just past seven this evening and it was fabulous. Dramatic sky, skylarks singing their hearts out, yachties lounging in their cockpits pouring sundowners and so on. One of the great advantages of rowing in summer in high latitudes is that one can go out at times when everyone in the benighted tropics is completely in the dark.
But when I got back to the hard, I couldn't resist the temptation to log on to the Bosham Webcam on my mobile phone, just to see myself on it. How deeply, deeply sad is that?
And I found that the camera is a bit further along the shore, directly opposite the famous church, so I wasn't in shot. Next time I will have to log on from the boat to make absolutely sure I can admire myself online.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw you doing it again! sorry about the picture quality the camera doesn't like the heat

Chris Partridge said...

Picture quality? Did you send a pic, because nothing arrived with the comment. Or do you mean the webcam? I think the webcam quality is very high usually.