Wednesday 2 September 2009

My new boat arrives (in bits)

Unbirthday time at Chateau Partridge - the kit for my Bee arrived this morning!
Alec Jordan has been busy transforming Lillian Woods' plans into computer form, and cutting sheets of ply so I don't have to. Apparently this was not a trivial process as the plans assume a lot of 'fitting to shape' which makes calculating the actual shape of several of the inside panels impossible. But as long as the hull comes out correctly I am confident I can get the rest of the bits together.
Construction starts as soon as the Great River Race is over (Saturday) and Snarleyow is repainted and re-gunwaled and it stops raining. Could be some time...
Eventually, it should look like this:

2 comments:

Bursledon Blogger said...

Look forward to seeing this Chris, I've been interested in both the woods designs for quite a while.

Max

Gavin Atkin said...

I can smell the ply, 'poxy asnd paint. Congratulations on an interesting project Chris!