Tuesday 23 July 2013

Quad Sculls

Always willing to try something new (apart from incest and folk dancing, natch) I went out in a quad scull the other evening.

Oddly, although I have been in rowing fours and eights I have always sculled on my own in my entire life.
So when meverygoodfriend Steve Woods (that's him at the coxing end of the boat) borrowed some coastal boats (a quad, a double and a training 'plank') from Janousek, we got a group of people with sliding seat experience to give them a go.
It was a lot of fun, but I had forgotten how the sliding action punishes the hamstrings and glutes.
But the main joy was rowing in the evening under a clear blue sky as the sun went down over the Ship.


2 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Loving these warm sunny summer evenings at the moment.... we'll be dreaming about them come February...

gmatkin said...

Don't try to kid me. I know you've done folk dancing. Photos can be obtained...

But you're right about duct tape.